SUPPORT INDIE AUTHORS

SUPPORT INDIE AUTHORS
(All donations help support the author)

In My Daughter's Shoes (New Poem) 5/3/12

Sometimes I forget what it's like to be small.
Sometimes I forget what it's like to hear "No!" "No!" "No!" "Stop it!" "Do you want to go to your room!" all the time.
"Just wait until you have kids".  That's what my mom said to me one time when I was getting on her nerves.  Of course I was about 12 or 13 at the time but I think it applies to kids or young adults of all ages.  
(Mom you were right)
Sometimes kids can be a pain in the ah....um....butt.
But for the most part kids are sweet, cute, 
and so darn smart.
Sometimes you just sit there in complete 
awe at how nice, kind, and lovable they can be.
Sometimes my daughter reminds me of 
what it really means to be an adult.
I can't fit into her shoes but she can sure fit into mine.
Sometimes she's more of an adult than I am.
I need to fit into her shoes more often.
I love you so much Lucy Jane Clouse.
Thank you for being....you.

Lucy:  age 3
Charlie:  age 36    

Comments